Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Added value doesn't register as added - Hidden City

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Weiss
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Added value doesn't register as added - Hidden City Reply with quote

Hey guys. I've been messing around with G5's Hidden City game and I'm trying to change a thing called "totems". They're like little achievement statues that give out gifts based on stuff like number of tools used or collections assembled.

They have percentages of the objective like "Assemble 250 collections - 44%"

I identified the value associated with the number of collections, but when I changed it doesn't change the totem.

The same happens with normal missions. There was one to collect 50 bells, I changed the number of bells in the inventory to 100 and it registered, but it didn't complete the mission.

Anyone has any idea? The game if free in the microsoft store if anyone is feeling holiday kindness enough to help.

Thanks
chochang262
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, I'm out of state and do not have access to my computer for the holidays but if I could throw a suggestion, rather than just changing the value outright, try to make a code modifying how many you receive when you do obtain the bell or other item relating to totems. Without access to the game my help is limited but if you found the value and simply changing it doesn't work, perhaps the game stores another hidden value upon itemccollection and a code injection might be able to work some magic on that hidden value.

Be sure to see what accesses the value because what writes to it may not necessarily be what writes to the hidden value as well ( although it might be) ... this is under the assumption that I'm correct in how the game works. Gimme like 4 - 5 days to get back to mi casa if you arnt able to figure it out by then ... or hopefully someone else might come along with more set in stone information than I can provide.

Regardless, happy holidays and I hope it works out for you.

(Side note... if this is a game with leader boards and such the info could very well be server sided and in that case would be unable to be hacked by conventional means but idk. If this worked...or didn't feel free to jump back on here with updates I'll try my best to collab with you but imma be fairly inactive due to holidays and such BTW.)
Weiss
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="chochang262"]Again, I'm out of state and do not have access to my computer for the holidays but if I could throw a suggestion, rather than just changing the value outright, try to make a code modifying how many you receive when you do obtain the bell or other item relating to totems. Without access to the game my help is limited but if you found the value and simply changing it doesn't work, perhaps the game stores another hidden value upon itemccollection and a code injection might be able to work some magic on that hidden value.

Be sure to see what accesses the value because what writes to it may not necessarily be what writes to the hidden value as well ( although it might be) ... this is under the assumption that I'm correct in how the game works. Gimme like 4 - 5 days to get back to mi casa if you arnt able to figure it out by then ... or hopefully someone else might come along with more set in stone information than I can provide.

Regardless, happy holidays and I hope it works out for you.

(Side note... if this is a game with leader boards and such the info could very well be server sided and in that case would be unable to be hacked by conventional means but idk. If this worked...or didn't feel free to jump back on here with updates I'll try my best to collab with you but imma be fairly inactive due to holidays and such BTW.)[/quote]

Thank you for your reply.

I've isolated a few addresses that change every time there is a change pertinent to a totem. They're few, like 20 something, but it's enough to give me a headache Smile

The game has leader boards but it also works completely fine with no internet connection, so I doubt it's connected. (Besides, the leader board is hacked all the time, it's a running gag at this point among some players)

Anyways, there's no hurry. Have a wonderful holiday season Chochang!
Weiss
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[size=7]I manage to locate the address that changed the collections totem, but when I restarted the game it wasn't it anymore.

I searched around and it might have to do with pointers?

Can I do something with the address I found? Because it's really hard to pinpoint it again.[/size]

[b]EDIT:[/b] Just did the whole pointer thing and it worked, but I'm back to my original problem of changing the value and it resetting it in game... Damn
TheyCallMeTim13
Wiki Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bet is that the total is just to display for you to see, the real values (that are used to calculate completion) could be a Boolean for every one of the "totems".

EDIT: In theory the game needs to know which ones have be collected and which have not.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: