Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Enabling DBVM on Windows 10 (BSOD)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions -> Guests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DBVMProblems

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Enabling DBVM on Windows 10 (BSOD) Reply with quote

Ok so I have been trying to enable Cheat Engine's DBVM the last few days and it hasn't been loading the drivers correctly causing my PC to BSOD. I used to use DBVM fine on Windows 7 and never really got a BSOD but that was on my old PC. I built a new PC and upgraded to Windows 10 and ever since I get a Blue Screen (VT Enabled in BIOS, Hyper-V Disabled). I also seen another option in my BIOS called VT-D which was not a option on my old PC. I enabled that along with VT and I have still have Blue Screens. The only two errors that I have been getting when I blue screen are (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION)(KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Computer Specs:
Motherboard: MSI Pro Solution Intel Z170A LGA
Processor: Intel Boxed Core I5-6600K OC @ 4.5GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GB
System: Windows 10
Graphics card: ASUS STRIX OC Edition GTX 1070 8GB
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 B1 80+ BRONZE/Semi Modular
Case: Phanteks Eclipse Series P400 Steel
CPU Liquid Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2
Case lighting: Hue+
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure if any of my hardware (Hue+) that has software installed could be messing with the drivers causing them to make me have a blue screen? I read somewhere that MSI Live update can cause the (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION) so I uninstalled but I still get a blue screen when trying to enable DBVM. I aslo do what antivirus, which is Webroot, but it never conflicted with DBVM on my old PC so I doubt that's the problem.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out and tell me what could possibly be causing these two BSOD errors, thanks!
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did it work on wibdows 10 before the aniversary update? Or did you just update to windows 10 after it?

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
DBVMProblems

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
Did it work on wibdows 10 before the aniversary update? Or did you just update to windows 10 after it?

I updated to Windows 10 before the anniversary update but I just recently tried using DBVM again after the update. Has the update been causing issues or something with DBVM?
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the update broke kernelmode virtual query, but i havn't tested dbvm on there yet

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
DBVMProblems

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
I know the update broke kernelmode virtual query, but i havn't tested dbvm on there yet

I see, are you going to try and fix the issue with it breaking the query? Also do you know about when you may test DBVM on the anniversary update to see what may be causing an issue, if any? If worst comes to worst I will just roll back before that update and see if that fixes anything unless you are looking into it.
Bluesun
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a similar issue. I just updated to CE 6.7, and using Windows 10, now I get the message "your system does not support DBVM" -- although with a previous version (6.5?), it worked fine.

Also, Dark Byte, thank you for all that you do <3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions -> Guests All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum