Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finding A Pointer! (Please read, I'm not an idiot)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sponge
I'm a spammer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hans Henrik wrote:
na, what you got now are 200 VALID AND WORKING pointers Smile np, just choose 1 random of them

btw, sponge i think you can learn something of seeing the movie 2
(if you haven't already, as its 16 downloads, and i have only posted the link here)

i already know this crap. Rolling Eyes IF IS GREEN IT IS STATIC!!. anyways... i never use pointer scan... codefinder is perfectly capable. you do not need to narrow it down anymore once you find static addresses containing base pointer value. just find one in a region that is in what of the PE sections of your exe that you are hacking. i find that it is better to find offsets manually... especially if its nested. pointer finder is the easy way out.

Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefet the cheatengine tut way. Find a address add it den put what rights/acess the address den if its like eip + FA den FA should be the offset
Hans Henrik
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sponge wrote:
Hans Henrik wrote:
na, what you got now are 200 VALID AND WORKING pointers Smile np, just choose 1 random of them

btw, sponge i think you can learn something of seeing the movie 2
(if you haven't already, as its 16 downloads, and i have only posted the link here)

i already know this crap. Rolling Eyes IF IS GREEN IT IS STATIC!!. anyways... i never use pointer scan... codefinder is perfectly capable. you do not need to narrow it down anymore once you find static addresses containing base pointer value. just find one in a region that is in what of the PE sections of your exe that you are hacking. i find that it is better to find offsets manually... especially if its nested. pointer finder is the easy way out.

i have many times got working pointers that is not green

and alto i cant say this for sure, i think i have found "green" colored pointers that was removed upon next scan Neutral

im almost never checking the forum anymore
raban
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for some online games, they have 2 or more addresses that have the same value, WHY? Because the first one has the information form the server -> client (like HP,EXP,MP), and one from the client to client (means gaem client takes that value and somehow convert it and display it ). That's why u see something like "You obtained 11 exp" , and the % of EXP changed (from 0% ->1% or whatever cuz u got 11 exp).
In my opinion, these kinds of games are unhackable because they stored the values in unwritable memories.

BTW , anybody knows how to identify if it's a server side addr. ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: